Pest control in the food industry is critical to the health and safety of our community. It is said that nearly 20% of the world’s food supply is eaten by rodents. These rodents carry diseases that can be transmitted to humans and pets. Over 40,000 people a year are bitten by rats. Rats cause “rat bite fever,” salmonella poisoning, the plague, trichinosis, and leptospirosis. Rats, mice, and cockroaches carry viruses and bacteria that can contaminate food and surfaces where food is prepared.
Benefits of Pest Control
- Reduced risk of airborne toxins – many bird species can cause a serious risk to air quality.
- Building structure lasts longer – pigeons and rats can damage your property.
- Fewer legal problems – failing a health inspection can be costly.
- Improved business image – a clean and good-smelling establishment has a greater chance of success.
- Improved hygiene – both you and your staff will feel better and be healthier working in a pest-free environment.
Health, Safety, and Finances
Restaurants can be shut down if they do not meet Ministry of Health standards, resulting in loss of income. Also, future business can suffer if customers are aware that you’re closed due to unsanitary conditions. Building a clientele of satisfied customers is no easy feat. Being closed by the health department can cause various food service businesses to fail completely.
When starting a food processing business, a restaurant, or any business dealing with food, it is best to have a regular a pest control program to keep things under control from the start.
Mr. Pest Control is a family owned and operated and has provided pest control for businesses and residential customers since 1955. We handle everything from rats and mice to roaches other pests. With years of experience and state-of-the-art equipment, we can solve your problem quickly. Call us at 1-888-794-PEST(7378) and let us know how we can help.